Original Italian tiramisu
Tiramisu is a must-have when talking about Italian desserts. Every family has their own recipe, here I want to share with you the one my mother is famous for! Let me know in the comments if the result meets your expectations! :)
Servings: 10 people
espresso coffee machine
- 8 shots coffee espresso coffee shots
- 5 eggs 5 yolks and 4 egg whites
- 400 gr mascarpone cheese
- 160 gr powdered (icing) sugar
- 1.5 packs Pavesini cookies
- 2 spoons cognac
- 1 spoon bitter cocoa powder as required to cover the dessert
Prepare the coffee and let it cool down until ambient temperature. Add the cognac. Then separate yolks from egg whites. You will use 5 yolks and 4 egg whites. Slowly mix the yolks with the powdered sugar.
Add to the cream the mascarpone cheese and gently mix them.
Fast whip the egg whites until they get thick.
Add the whipped egg whites to the cream and gently mix them with a spoon.
Dip each Pavesini cookie into the coffee and create a layer in your kitchen bowl.
Add a layer of cream, then a layer of cookies, and so on until you finish the cream. The top layer must be cream.
Cover and put in the fridge. When you are ready to serve it, add the bitter cocoa powder.
Enjoy! Buon appetito :)
- use ingredients at ambient temperature, mixing them will be a lot easier;
- you can work the cream with a spoon, but a mixer will make it easier. I use a Kitchenaid Artisan;
- you can add a drop of lemon juice when whipping the egg whites: the success of the tiramisu is highly affected by the thickness of the whipped egg whites;
- the tiramisu will taste better after one day in the fridge.