Today I want to share with you a very easy chickpeas recipe, suitable for vegetarians, and a single dish from a nutritional point of view: pasta with chickpeas and rosemary.
Pasta and legumes is a great combination! In Italian food tradition we have hundreds of different recipes with these simple ingredients. We cook legumes with short or long pasta, even rice sometimes (e.g. risi e bisi), in soups or dry, white or red (i.e. using tomato sauce). What these recipes share is that they all are:
- simple to be prepared,
- very tasty (also children usually love them),
- and, last but not least, incredibly healthy.
Here my choice for an amazing pasta with chickpeas recipe goes to tagliatelle, a fresh pasta typical of Bologna. I also add tomato sauce, but you can cook the same recipe also without it. Here we go!
And if you will like this recipe, you can PIN IT 🙂
Pasta with chickpeas and rosemary
- pan (or wok)
- wooden spoon
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 0.5 stalk celery
- 1 small carrot
- 0.5 small onion
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 260 gr boiled chickpeas
- 200 gr tomato sauce Mutti is my choice
- 500 gr fresh tagliatelle or 400 gr of pasta (rigatoni or penne)
- Chop the celery, carrot and onion and gently fry them in extra virgin olive oil, with the rosemary, using the pan.
- When it's ready (about 10-15 minutes), add the chickpeas and the tomato sauce.
- Stir and let it gently cook (about 10-15 minutes), so that the tomato sauce gets thick.
- In the meanwhile, using the pot cook the tagliatelle in salted hot water, until they get "al dente".
- Drain the pasta and drop it into the pan. Mix it with the sauce for a couple of minutes.
- Serve it and.. Enjoy!
- when you mix the pasta with the sauce in the pan (or wok), I suggest to keep a few spoons of the water used to boil the pasta. It is rich in starch, so that dropping it into the pan while mixing pasta and sauce while create a delicious creaminess…
I hope you will try this soon and let me know what your results have been! If you are not that much into vegetables, but you still want to have a delicious pasta, better if tagliatelle, then you can find here the authentic recipe for ragù (aka bolognese sauce).
Instead, if you prefer quick and healthy sauces, give a try to this pasta with avocado and swordfish, I believe you will not be disappointed 😉 Enjoy!
Some of the links above are affiliate links. This means that, at no additional cost to you, if you click through and make a purchase you will help this blog grow. I only promote affiliate programs that I believe in, and products I know about, with the aim to help you in your choices.