Are you looking for a super easy Italian chicken recipe? Talking about inherited recipes, this super easy pan-roasted chicken was definitely a standard dish for the weekends during my childhood.Can you then imagine a greater satisfaction than your mother telling you “you need to tell me what you do differently, since this is way better than mine”? Well, this happened to me yesterday, so I decided to share it!
Pan-roasted chicken is actually a very easy recipe, that for sure your guests and your children will love. And you know what is the secret ingredient I added? A special care in how I marinate the chicken.
If you like the final result or want to find it for your next dinner with friends, just PIN IT 🙂
Easy pan-roasted chicken
- wooden spoon
- 1 chicken Chopped
- qs vinegar qs to cover the chicken chops (with water and wine).
- qs white wine
- qs water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 0.5 organic lemon
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 pinch black and white pepper
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2-3 leaves laurel
- 0.5 glass white wine to spray the meat
- 0.5 glass water
- 0.5 Knorr stock I use the gelly ones ("Knorr Homestyle Stock")
- First step of this easy Italian chicken recipe is also the most important one: marinate the chicken chops.Put the chicken chops into a large bowl, add all the ingredients used to marinate it, cover it and let it rest for at least 3 hours, up to 1 night.
- Two hours before the meal, put the pan over high heat, and when it is hot start putting the chops, one by one, on it, after draining them off. The meat has to roast with noise. Before they get burnt, turn the chops on the other side and repeat the roasting.
- When it is roasted on every side, spray the chops using the white wine, that will almost immediately evaporate.
- Now lower the heat, add 1/2 glass of water and half stock and cover the pan. Keep it cooking over low heat for about 1.5 hours. After that, chicken should be almost ready, but still too much liquid, that you will make evaporate cooking over medium heat until it reduces.
Suggested wine pairings
One of the most discussed topics about food and wine pairings is what to drink with chicken. Some would suggest white wine, but I personally prefer a red wine, not very strong, in order to avoid shadowing the meat taste, that is delicate.
My choice here is a Chianti, from Tuscany, like this Villa Antinori (amazing value for price): https://bit.ly/2QynzDe, or a wine from my Emilia Romagna, a Sangiovese Superiore, like the one you can find here: https://bit.ly/2UNSWbr. There is often a taste of Emilia Romagna in my choices… just let me know yours!