Who wants to bake a focaccia bread, but thinks it might be difficult? I see you… that’s why I decided to share this easy rosemary focaccia recipe!
If you are following me, you should know that I have already published a focaccia recipe, including some history about this versatile food and the many kinds of it.
This time, I want to make it super easy, even if always tasty and satisfactory for your family and friends.
Three things, strictly connected, differentiate this focaccia from the previous one:
- the yeast – here I use a dried beer yeast, not my homemade sourdough;
- the rising – due to the different yeast, timing is really short, just 2.5 – 3 hours;
- the mixing – here it is very quick and with just a spoon. The magic will happen during the leavening 🙂
Try this recipe, and if you like it, you can PIN IT! 🙂
Oh, I was almost forgetting. This time I had an assistant, my sous-chef, aka as my daughter 🙂 Maybe that is the reason this easy rosemary focaccia came out that good!
Easy rosemary focaccia
- Large bowl
- baking tray
- 450 gr 00 flour also general purpose will work just fine
- 350 ml water
- 2 gr dried beer yeast
- 2 spoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 spoon extra virgin oilve oil for the topping
- 1 spoon water for the topping
- qs salt for the topping
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- Put the flour into the bowl, then add the dried beer yeast.
- Slowly pour the water, while mixing with a spoon. Not sure you have my amazing sous chef, sorry for that 😉
- Add two spoons of EVO oil and mix.
- Leave the resulting dough rest for 3 hours, in the same bowl, covered with a plastic film.
- Cover the baking tray with a piece of baking paper. Grease it with a little bit of EVO oil. Gently place the dough on it and shape it. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Turn on the oven, at 180 °C. Then use your fingertips to create some dimples on the focaccia surface.
- Mix one spoon of EVO oil and one spoon of water, then spray the surface with this mixture. Eventually, top with salt and rosemary.
- Ready for the oven, 180 °C for about 25 minutes.